RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remembering Carl Goldberg Models "The Legends of Carl GOldberg"
Old 01-31-2010, 07:45 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remembering Carl Goldberg Models

ORIGINAL: Bax

ORIGINAL: twn

I beleive Carl is passed on and Great Planes(?) now owns Carl Goldberg products.
Please note that Lanier, including Carl Goldberg Models, was acquired by Great Planes/Hobbico in August, 2007. Carl Goldberg, himself, passed away in January, 1985, more than two decades previously.

An examination of our history will show that NONE of the brands we have acquired have ''disappeared''. They have all been re-energized and continued. Each one has its own identity.

As far as model airplane kits (or even ARF's) are concerned, they get discontinued because modelers no longer purchase them. Nobody's going to manufacture something people aren't buying. Successful products do not get discontinued, and EVERY product has a lifetime, regardless of how good it once was, or still is.
Very well said and I totaly agree!

I know I grew up on Goldberg kits and owned at least a couple of each of the control line models over the years. Also the Falcon r/c's in different configurations. I miss the Goldberg brand even though they were not the best made kits in terms of todays kits. Pobably miss GM as almost as much as I miss that age of growing up. I am very thankful for all the manufacturers and suppliers out there to day in the tough economic world. Like I said, still miss that era!