RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remembering Carl Goldberg Models "The Legends of Carl GOldberg"
Old 01-31-2010, 09:43 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Remembering Carl Goldberg Models

My first attempt at model aviation was in 1960 something with a Goldberg Lil Wizard and BabeBee .049. It never lasted more than a quarter circle. I was so frustrated until the LHS owner said, try freeflight. So I bought a Ranger 30 and a Cox .020 and was hooked. I was chasing the Goldberg Ranger 30 all over God's creation. Later when I had more money I got the 1/2a Viking and 1/2a Blazer and those only flew higher and further and turned me into a crosscountry track star.

My favorite 2nd R/C plane was a Falcon 56 with an Enya 45. (I soloed on a Top Flite Headmaster/Enya .29) I must have built at least 10 of the Falcon series over the years. I have also had the Piper Cub, the Extra 300, Gentle Lady and Sophisticated Lady gliders, and a couple of the Tigers.

I grew up with Carl Goldberg as my hero. I would read anything and everything he wrote. My eyes misted over when I heard of his death.

RIP and thank you Mr. Goldberg, you were an integral part of this young kid's growing up with airplanes.

Don