RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitroplanes.com
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes.com

Hay ohnoucdat,
I've been with R/C Universe for 8 years, I've done several build up's on several models and contributed lots of good information to fellow modelers. I've been in this hobby all my life and I've never come across such a blatant dishonorable company as nitro planes (lower caps intentionally used). I truly believe that the moderator of nitro planes either has an interest in the company, or is profiting by his or her actions by pulling negative ads from the nitro plane company forum. To do this is not only dishonest, but shows nitro planes in much greater light then it really deserves. Any time nitro planes wants me to stop posting negative ads, they can replace my plastic parts on my 90" span green P-38. I've exhausted all other avenues with them and they refuse to do anything about it. So until they do replace my plastic parts, I'll do my best to show the hobby world just who they are...cheap, dishonest and clueless to what real customer service is. In today's world and economy, its customer service that gets my hobby $$$. What is so sad is that the parts needed to make my kit complete couldn't cost more then $5.00 to produce and send to me...yet they feel its easier to just blow me off and ignore the problem. What is also reality...I do spend good money on this hobby each year, and with the P-38 my first nitro planes buy...it was also my last nitro planes buy. Guy's in our club now buy from AK models and other distributors, but are shying away from nitro planes, directly do to my comments and several others that have had the same experience. If R/C Universe wants to pull my membership, so be it...there are other forums in the Internet world I can share my hobby with. I doubt they will though...for I must be one of thousands that have had the same experience with this company. Since the parent company is in China, and only has distribution in the U.S., it would not help me to go to the local BBB. Word of mouth is the best way to show fellow modelers how this company operates and treats customers. And last...if they pull my membership from this on-line hobby club-for my comments, they would have to pull literally hundreds of folks that have expressed the same opinion of nitro planes.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui