RCU Forums - View Single Post - R/C robot contests, any one elses school have this type?
Old 07-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C robot contests, any one elses school have this type?

*Crash*Johnson*
Thats cool. Our robots wernt big renought to carry a basket ball. they HAD to fit in a 24 X 24 X 24 inch box. As soon as the round began the robot could unfold to be as big as ya like. They were designed to carry tennis balls, 6-7 inch PVC that looked like rockets, run on a railing 5 foot off the ground and pick 1 X 36 inch PVC poles and move them across the area. We had to come up with stragtys

In one, we had a a 4 foot wall in the middle of the court, we couldnt see over it. It was up to a spotter on the other side that would direct by hand moveents, no yelling permitted. Part of our missin was to pull switchs 3 points a piece, and pick up eraser, 5 point a piece i think. We found that instead of going on the other side of the way, we stay on our side and keep the other teems from pulling thier levers. It was alot of fun . I made the most points at 11. I was called the cleanup crew buy the teacher, I only think it was because of my R/C experiance with R/C planes. After that I never made that many point, every time i drove somthing in the robot broke, lol. Just my luck, but my fellow drivers did a good job. once particular, he drove real smooth. did a good job.