RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Charger?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 AM
jimjeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Charger?

There are lots of good chargers out there that will do the job for you. I would be careful with the Superbrain line of chargers as some of my customers as well as myself had experienced issues when trying to charge LiPo batteries and one of the chargers two outputs burnt itself out after about a years worth of use. For a do-it-all charger the Venom Pro chargers are full of features and comes with a lot of accessories. I've been using one at the store with no problems and you get a lot of charger for the money, although I will admit I have seen a couple returns on these as well. From what I have experienced the Great Planes Triton series chargers are really well made and work very well, but they do not include any charge cords for the batteries, so you will have to get those seperately. For a good low cost charger that will charge Nicad and NiMH packs there is the Prophet Sport AC/DC charger from Dynamite that does the job nicely and features a loud alarm to let you know when the battery is done charging. I hope this is of good help to you whatever you choose.

Good Luck,
Jim.