RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skybolt hangar and clubhouse
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Skybolt hangar and clubhouse

I made a hatch in front of the landng gear forward former out of where I can remove the fuel tank and the battery without touching the wings.

Landing gear wise I wold like an extra 3/4" or 1" higher as the plane is sitting on the ground. At this moment I have a 3 blade 13 x 7 prop and the ground clearance is 2 3/4" with the tail on the ground. With the fuse hoizontal the clearance is 2". That is without any springing upward of the landing gear.

I have a 3 blade 14 x 7 prop and a 2 blade 15 x 8 prop and I think that could be a clearacnce problem.

I would appreciate to know what some of you guys are using and what your clearances are.

I can easily make two plates of dural (aluminum alloy) that would raise the landing gear and it would look OK.

A 85.5" wingspan Skybolt would be very nice I think.
I could scale the drawings up and it would result just under 25 lbs with some nursing on weight saving. Exmple: the tail feathers could be built with ribs and fabric covered like the full size Skybolt. The fuselage doublers could be lighter in proportion. The trailing edges and ailerons could be built up instead of solid. Details like the flying wires would only be longer and teh ferrurles the same size.

That would become a 30% scale instead of 20%.

You could still make a hatch if you wanted to.

I would be curious how much weight you added and exactly where you installed those weights. A picture possible ???

Zor