View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:12 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Meister 1/5 scale P-47

ORIGINAL: Icemanjr92

Great to see the Jug on its feet!
Tell me what radio system are you going to use?
Thanks Dino. It feels real good after all this work, as you well know. Sorry I forgot the canopy parts when I went to pick it up. The full picture will have to wait till next time.

I will be using a JR 10X system. For now, I'm only just getting into 2.4, with a Spekrum 6i being my first just a few months ago. I plan on installing a 2.4 module in my 10X in the near future. For the time being, she is being set up with one of my trusty top shelf 950 72mhz RXs. I understand that some flying events are going exclusively to 2.4, Joe Noll being one, this coming year. If that is true, we will have to accelerate the conversion, I guess.

Batteries will be A123 (started out installing LiPos, but before she flys, they will all be the A123s), and the servos are a mixture of JR and Hitec. Either 8611 or 8411 on all the control surfaces though.

BTW, we are totally impressed and happy with that Aero Metal from Meister on this big fuselage. The 12" width gave us all the flexibility in panel sizes we needed. Keep in mind, this was our first attempt at any aluminum foil covering. Anyone with patience, a steady hand, and a lot of new Exacto blades (we bought them in the 100 pack) can do this. Don't be intimidated by it. And I hope you all agree, nothing looks quite like aluminum, than aluminum.