RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just A Thought
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:57 PM
McWolf_101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just A Thought

I've seen and I've heard alot of comments about which RC brand is good and which is bad. Examples of this include, "HPI is way better than Losi!", "Exceed products are not worth buying.", "Associated shouldn't even be considered a company next to Traxxas.", "Redcat sells cheap stuff compared to Kyosho.", etc, etc, etc. However, in watching alot of RC related videos and alot of RC racing at the tracks, I've come to realise that, despite what some people would like to think, things will break and otherwise go wrong with your RC regardless of the company that made the vehicle. This is also true of full scale vehicles, computers, cordless phones, cell phones, and anything mechanical/electronic for that matter. At the end of the day, the reason that replacement parts are supplied and sold is that these parts are expected to wear or break eventually. Honestly, I've seen an Exceed Infinity truck win a race against a Traxxas T-Maxx and other 'higher-end' trucks, and I've seen a Losi 8ight buggy being unable to continue a race because of a broken suspension arm. With all of that said, I think that people need to realise that, no matter when it happens, parts will wear/break and need replacing. Also, in a race, it's the driver that makes the vehicle and not the other way around.