RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio interference between different channels
Old 07-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Dazzler_BE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio interference between different channels

I'm facing this problem:

Me and some friend use a local field nearby to fly our planes (it is not a club, it's in the field with no surrounding building/houses or people living there - and the farmer who owns the field has agreed that we may fly there, so no problems there)

Now, this week, suddenly a cop turned up at the farmer's house, inquiring about us, and asked the farmer if he would have us contact the police. The field is about 5 miles from a small commercial airport, and is directly in the lengthening/prologation (??) of the landing course of that airport. (We do see same sport planes or very small passanger planes comes over from time to time)

Now it appears that there is a beacon there somewhere, to aid those planes in there uprun to the landing course. And there was some sort of "interference", the cops told the farmer.

I have looked up the frequenty plan in Belgium, and have have the frequenties 34.995 - 35.335 and 40.575 - 40.695 available specific for scale radio controlled models.

I checked and aircraft communication has some frequenties available between 5000 khz and 10000 khz available, and 74-75 Mhz en 108-117 Mhz for aircraft navigation.

I'm flying on the 40.xx range indicated, so, there couldn't be any interference from us right ? I mean, we're not even near those frequenties !

It's just, before we show ourselves there again, or contact the cops, I just want to know what to expect...