RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio interference between different channels
Old 07-12-2003, 07:03 PM
Dazzler_BE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio interference between different channels

Nope, we're all using 40 Mhz equipment.

However, I just discovered that I use 40.835, which is beyond the range reserved for radio control models. (See my first post)

I checked what range it is in, and it appears to be in a "military equipment" range.... whatever that means.

No, there's no military anywhere near that area, and the airport is strictly non-military planes.

I also would not expect police inquiring about this in case we are interfering with military stuff, I would expect the MP's or so to show up instead.

Well, we'll find out sooner or later anyway.

P.S. While checking the internet about radio regulations in Belgium, I also discovered that we need a valid license to use our trasmitter. Oops! We were unaware of this. We are with 3 friends, all bought our radio equipement seperately at 3 different hardware stores, and none of them told us that we required a license !!! So we have been flying there now for > 2 years without a radio license.

So, before we will contact the police and ask about further details, I guess wel best get ourselves some radio licenses....

Is this normal, that if you require a license for something to be legally in order, and you buy this stuff in shop (shops with decent reputation that have been around for decades) they don't tell you this ?? I mean, how are we supposed to know if nobody tells us ?