RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skybolt hangar and clubhouse
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Jaybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skybolt hangar and clubhouse

Thanks Minnflyer for the image help. That ealier post a lot better now.

The "long time" statement was based on my own history of taking a long time to put an ARF together, usually because I change elements I don't like about it. Even with the BUSA Eindecker I made a lot of modifications from the plan and instructions to the tail to try and lighten it up and to make pull-pull rudder and elevator controls. Lots of fun figuring things out, but time consuming. I have several other hobbies too that all demand time and money, but I really like building and I see a lot of late nights in the cellar for me.

Last night I completed the sheeting and hinged the rudder to the fin and sanded the contours. Looks pretty good...I'll try another photo post.

There is a lot of great ideas in this thread and related build threads so I'm confident I can get help when needed.

A reccuring problem seems to be getting the flat sided fuselage to match up with the rounded forward formers and firewall. I was thinking that perhaps I'd partially glue the rear doublers on a flatr surface and then try wrapping the front formers around a styrofoam block to get a curve in it before glueing. Any thoughts?

Jaybird
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37848.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1373735