RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI MT2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 01:15 PM
nitrokillr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

I admit reading thru 800+ pages of posts will give most people data overload. Searching with various related key words will weed out the results to find the info sooner. In July 2009 I purchased an mt1 and found out I needed an education on it. My truck has a Collarri .32 engine in it and that posed some interesting problems with chassis and drive train. This truckis my first Nitro powered RC, (I have 2 E-Maxx 16.8v, and an E-Savage) and I could see a fair amount of trouble ahead with this new unit.

You could say I have too much time on my hands because I sat down and read the entire thread from August to the middle ofNovember 2009. I admit after page 500 or so I started to skim thru some of the repeat posts of common questions. Type your question into the search engine and you will most likely find it covered a dozen timesto your satisfaction. Reading the different approaches to solving the same problem is like having a free research and development team working for you.

What I have is a 3.75hp, 4-pound car! I quickly came to the conclusion that I had to use the latest hardened gears, properly shimmed in the graphite diff cases. To do that I also upgraded most everything to MT2 parts except the chassis plate. With the torque of the .32 motor, I was getting a lot of flex and twiston the chassis plate affecting the gear mesh and axle issues. With the extra power on hand I replaced the stock MT1 chassis plate weighing 4 oz. and fabricated a MT2 style, Stainless Steel chassis weighing 12 oz. A little heavier oil in the shocks with stiffer springs handles the weight nicely. The fuel tank is from a Revo 3.3. Throttle control as well as driving ability are a must. I can tell you more about the tank mounts etc. if you like. After reading all 20,000+ posts I feel like a vault of knowledge. You will too if you skim thru the thread from end to end. The truck is packed away for winter. I will be pulling it out soon for spring and will take more pictures.

Thanks for all this information in one place
Darcy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca83037.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1373779