RCU Forums - View Single Post - WATCH YOUR BEARINGS...
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:03 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WATCH YOUR BEARINGS...

my car in question FG |ELCON BEETLE PRO

This thread is more so pointed towards the "maxed out" RC machines such as my own.reason being the weight and power of the machine and the stress placed on the wheel bearings.
if any of you can get the max load specs on the fg standard wheel bearings i would be very intrested to find out,in fact any info would be great on them.

basicly,i changed my wheel bearings maybe 3gallons ago and i was surprised the other evening to notice one wheel was grossly mis-aligned,so i made all possible adjustments to my elcon xl a-arms to align the wheel as much as possible to make it point forward as straight as possible and as to avoid negative castor/camber also,but it didnt seem to do the job. on the elcon a-arms they feature a unique hinged outer addition to the a-arm which is secures on with nuts and bolts,this idea also allows you to alter the position of the hub via moving forward/back the arm end on the hinge once loose.

so i stripped apart the wheel hub assembly and assoicated parts such as brake calipers and discs top balljoint/ wheel square & balldrive axle only to be confronted with a destroyed bearing.(normal i know and this happens,BUT not a bearing this new) this bearing was just 2 gallons old the most and i use wd40 to keep parts lubed after sandy conditions.

i think some of these bearings arent up to holding the weight of this machine.

these are the bearings i use either of the following,and are good,but maybe i need better..

so now i must look in to this.