RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just A Thought
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Tim6868

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just A Thought

This is a real good post thanks for bringing this up.
In late 2008 I was having a problem with something non related to R/C cars rather it was a guitar amplifier I had owned for some fifteen or sixteen years and re-tubed it once in those years it never sounded good,I thought I was going insane as every time I played through it I would totally have to tweek everything over even after playing it two or three days prior to playing through it again once again it was in need of new tubes.
But by this point I'd had enough of it I hated playing guitar mainly because of this amp made right here in the united states I sought to find something better and set my eyes on something I could afford,the only thing is that every review of the ampI was thinking of getting was negative I then stopped into a forum that seemed populated by people from the U.K.
One fellow there made a statement in one of his post he said he owned one of these amplifiers and was sure the negative press was either from one person or competing manufactures so looked around some more and noticed that it seemed as if one person had it out for the company who made my latest amp and I've not had one lick of trouble out of it and it sound far better than amps costing four times the price I payed for it.
I personally own an exceed champion but on the other hand have some reservations about their business dealings and have ran into some of the same problems as others have had like being told that they will get back with me on a question in "1 to 2 business days" other than a crapy AM or Fm crystal style radio system which is not unheard of in RTR versions by some of the top brass in the world of R/C cars at this point I've yet to have any problems with the performance of this vehicle.
And very few of these people are offering up brushless motors in their RTR's.
All in all it would seem to me that some of these companies must be run by people with rather nasty drug habits thats all I can think of that would cause someone to ask the prices that are being quoted for some of these RTR packages considering to really get one to opperate with a good feel or transmmiter to receiver reaction to it means you have to spend upwards of $300.00 for a decent spread spectrum radio system.
I guess in the long run it ones own taste or the question of "am I taking part in racing in a club,or does it have the potential to be upgraded so as to be a contender?"
As far as the guitar amp I spoke of I latter found out others were having the same problem they reacted poorly to climate changes of all things