RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just A Thought
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:30 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just A Thought

ORIGINAL: McWolf_101

What I mean is, you are sometimes pleasantly surprised to find that you got a product that is worth more than the money you paid for it.
Not to get on you, but this larger font in your post almost has the same effect as typing with all caps. It makes you sound like you are yelling.

By typing in your chosen larger font, it sounds like you have a strong message to send, and that is why Kitsune said you are trying to push a brand, afterall, you did mention Redcat and Exceed vs the name brands.

And you argument is also strongly pushed by virtually all of the Redcat Fans and also from the few Exceed fans.

I am not posting to bash on these cheaper names, I am only posting to discuss some of the fallacies and even lies that ALL fans, name brand fans and cheaper brand fans, spew out all the time.

One of the arguments is just like you said: the quality is JUST AS good as name brands. Not necessarily so. Just as already said above, to be sold at a cheaper price, the cheaper products do have to cut corners. And most of the fans of the cheaper who claim that the cheaper RCs are just as good or better than the name brands have never themselves OWNED a name brand RC.

And this undermines another one of their arguments: "You cannot say bad things about a product you never owned." This argument works both ways. The owner of a cheaper brand has no ground to stand on and say the cheaper RC is as good or better than the name brand RC when he has never owned the name brand one.

Now to the other side of the fence: Name brand owners say that the cheaper names do not offer decent RCs. That is absolutely not the case. For example, you can buy a decent Redcat RC and it WILL BE just as good as a name brand RC, BUT that better grade Redcat RC will cost as much or similar to the name brand RC of the same quality build.

And lets face it: Name brand or cheap brand: replacement parts for BOTH are very similar. By buying a cheaper RC, you save money, there is no denying that. But believe it or not, if you think replacement parts are cheaper for the cheaper brands, not necessarily so (or not that much cheaper than buying replacement parts for a name brand RC.

Also, fanboyism exists on both sides of the field. If you think that one set of brand fans is not, you are lying to yourself. Do a search just in RCU alone, and you will not only find name brand fans bashing on cheap brands, but you will also find cheap brand fans bashing on name brands just as hard. There are too many threads locked because of this. And let us not forget that even if cheap brands did not exist, the name brand fans would bash on each other! Trust me, I have seen it. HPI fans have trashed on Traxxas fans. AE fans have trashed on Losi fans. Losi fans have trashed on Traxas fans. And so on.

So, to make a point, I will use the font of your favor and say: Fanboyism exists everywhere, even in the ranks of cheap brand fans. And unfortunately, fanboyism is part of the RC territory.[/size]