RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 9VHP set up instructions
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 05:22 PM
tankengine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9VHP set up instructions

Does any one know of a more understandable instruction booklet/guide for the 9VHP radio. I have had this radio since it was new and have flown many times-many planes with it.

I love the radio and am considering converting it to 2.4 soon but only if I can master the seemingly impossible to understand set up procedures.

The thing is I have never clearly understood how to set it up specifically regarding flaperons. I currently have it set up to fly a Great Planes trainer 60 that has servos on both ailerons. The operators manual even has a section in it that tells how to set up flaperons but I can't seem to make it work.

I can make the ailerons work fine; dual rates work fine; but when I try using aux channel 8 as it says in the manual, only one (right) aileron goes down for flap and the other does not. Also when you turn the channel 7 pitch trim knob it always seems to be able to control the other (left) aileron in linear fashion.

I know you guys have better things to do than deal with my little imperfections and you probably will suggest I buy another radio and I'm planning on getting in line for the Aurora 9 but this transmitter works fine on 72 mhz., it's pcm/ppm and I have four 9 channel recievers with it and quite frankly I would like to keep it a little longer.

If anyone knows any tips it would be greatly appreciated,

Tom Bufkin/tankengine