RCU Forums - View Single Post - Old Christen Eagle II ARF....Need Help!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:40 PM
arcticflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Christen Eagle II ARF....Need Help!

Hey guys I need some info on an old Christen Eagle II that I recently picked up for $50 bucks. It has a wing span of approximately 50" and has a wood frame construction with a thin foam sheeting over top that has a preprinted paper/plastic covering. It is set up for gas with large wooden motor mounts that appear to be spaced for at least a .60 sized engine. The guy that built it did a poor job and I had to completely disassemble it to include cutting the bottom wing back in half due to the poor wing alignment. I don't know what the guy used for glue but I was able to easily pop off nearly everything that was glued to the exterior covering. I also popped the tail off with no problem....needless to say it is a good thing no one put a motor on and flew it or the top wing would have popped off and the tail parted company with the Fuz. Other than that it is in like new condition and never flown.

My questions are? Does anyone know who made the ARF?
What were the flying weights? Control Throws? Recommended Engine sizes? Does anyone have a manual that I could copy or borrow?
It has a tiny factory printed CG mark on both sides of the Fuz towards the bottom so I think the CG will be easy to set up.

I plan on converting this plane to Electric (90sized?) with 6S. I'm also going to run a heading hold Gyro on the rudder hooked to the gear switch for takeoffs. That short Fuz looks really ugly (squirrely) for takeoffs and I've always wanted to try a gyro on a tail dragger for takeoffs. ANY HELP IS REALLY APPRECIATED! Skip
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lj22941.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	1378693   Click image for larger version

Name:	sq46706.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1378694