RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCM Plans 1/3 Howard Pete
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 12:54 PM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCM Plans 1/3 Howard Pete

ORIGINAL: mwhar760

cool i'll take any you can provide!!! thanks, the only reason the flaps are gonna be there is because thats the way it was designed david even states that in the build article !! he put them on there for scale landing speeds???? i'm gonna assume thats pretty much what he competed in at the time?? besides if i dont need them i dont have to drop them.they are kina hidden in the design?? or maybe i'll glue them shut i'm just not sure right now!!!
Hi Mwhar760- If you have flown 'heavy metal' warbirds then the Pete should not be a problem but I cannot speak from experience since I haven't built Pete. If you don't care to compete in scale competitions then adding flaps is of no consequence. Calculate its wing loading and compare it to some other airplanes out there. Larger airplanes fly better so that is in your favor. You could always build two sets of wings! I've done that before. That will be a very impressive airplane no matter what you do! As far as scale landing speeds, there are lots of discussions about that! Time is linear so should, theoretically, scale accordingly. Tailwinds, ARUP