RCU Forums - View Single Post - Old Christen Eagle II ARF....Need Help!
Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 PM
arcticflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Christen Eagle II ARF....Need Help!

sj3cub- I appreciate your responce/concern and your advice is well taken....the problem with me is that I love a challenge. You are probably right and a couple of months from now I will probably say "you told me so" but I'm gonna fly this thing even if it ends in a glorious crash and burn. I am a builder and I don't mean ARF's so my mods to this thing will be extensive. I've got all winter and nothing else to do other than my old Pica Duelist E conversion that I am working on. Here are my plans...I'm gonna go electric and go on the cheap with a large HK outrunner and servos left over from other planes. If it is that bad of a design, I could never of a good conscience (now that I know it) sell it to another modeler, so I guess I'm stuck. I'll use old lipos in series and protect the electrics as much as possible. I never keep anything that I don't use sooooo....since I can't sell it I'm gonna fly it or crash it.....and if it ends up in the dumpster......it won't be the first. I've always wanted to experiment with gyros on a plane so I guess this one will be the test bed!
I am just guessing here but the airframe looks like the CG is super critical, very narrow and if not inside the lines will lead to the inevitable crash and burn(your friend already discovered the moment problems). Getting the thing to balance might be nearly impossible!!!! I already saw what you described about incidences when I was taking it apart and yes I agree 1,000% it is a piece of garbage 1st generation ARF. But....for 50 bucks......the challenge is killing me! I wasted that much on a stupid depron foamie awhile back that was high tech modern garbage!!!!!
I'll know the second the wheels break ground if it will fly or the first turn will send it to the dumpster. LONG LIVE EXPO!!!!

In all seriousness again.....THANKS!