RCU Forums - View Single Post - Showtime 90 with 35cc gas
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:15 AM
seagull extra
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime 90 with 35cc gas

I just bought one of the new MT35cc gass engines and I am about to put a plane together for it. I was looking into the 72" Sbach featured in the new products section. It's very nice looking plane, but I already have way too many NIB arfs in my shed already. The closest thing I had to fit this engine is a Showtime 90. The reason I am starting this thread is to show how far the small gas engines have advanced. I have considered a few differant engines for my showtime in the past. I already own a YS110 and a YS140sport and I was undecieded on on these two engines but I never seriously considered gas because at the time I felt this option was just too heavy for this plane. But the gas engines are getting very close now at this size. Here is how these engines compare for ready to fly weight. I am adding 7oz to the YS engines as this is how much bigger the fuel tank needs to be for them.
YS110 27.4oz engine&muffler, 3.2oz mount, 7oz fuel. Total 37.6oz
YS140 33.3oz enginine&muffler, 4oz mount, 7oz fuel. Total 44.3oz
MT35 30.4oz engine only, with mount, exhaust, and ign. Total 39.5oz Note: Claimed weight the YS weights are my own.
The MT35 should put out power more in line with a DZ160, so this Showtime will be a pretty wild ride! I will post some pics when I recieve the engine and show it mounted.