RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC8T Diff Problem HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:07 PM
malice23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8T Diff Problem HELP

My friend runs an RC8T and we tore it down yesterday to rebuild the diffs. I refilled the diff with oil as per the manual and everytime I screwed it all together the diff would not move and stay locked. I tried a few things but each time those last 4 screws went in the diff would not move at all, Finally I removed 2 shims from each end and it moves fine and I thought this solved the problem. However after reinstallign everything the diff moves freely but when you turn one wheel the other side is supposed to spin the opposite way as all diffs do, but the wheels spin in the same direction. Occasionally they spin in opposite directions but I dont trust it. The diff feels smooth and it seems like the removal of those shims worked. I think the extra shims compressed all the gears together way too tightly and wouldnt allow them to spin freely. I personally run an Xray truck and NEVER had this issue so its kinda strange. If anyone has advice Im all ears. We worked on this diff for like 2 hours with no luck and now that its installed we are hesitant to run it. Has anyone had this problem? Could it be the gasket also?