RCU Forums - View Single Post - []TEX[] & Lunchboxer's Spec Race Build Diary-Suzuki Swift M03
Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Bok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: []TEX[] & Lunchboxer's Spec Race Build Diary-Suzuki Swift M03

Yeah I also heard that most racers here are experimenting with the gear diff by using some super sticky grease inside like the Tamiya AW grease. Anyway when I hit the track I'll try it with the gear diff. I'll bring along my TA02 that has a Manta Ray ball diff so I can swap it out for comparison

Okay some pics of the build. Here's the kit along with some hopups. 6 pcs bearings for the gearbox (wheel axles already come with bearings - Thanks Tamiya!), quick-release battery holder, aluminum motor heatsink and hollow carbon shafts

The workplace. Nothing fancy, and looks a bit cramped too. Wasn't a problem though since I was building a MINI A little midnight snack consisting of tom yum noodle soup

Suspension installed. Didn't bother building the friction shocks since I had a spare set of CVA mini shocks from my TT01D

Finally complete! Wow, it was really a pleasure to build. Definitely the easiest kit I have ever assembled. Also had the thinnest instruction manual. It's that easy to build

For now I'm using an old silvercan (still have to break in the silvercan that came with the kit) along with a Futaba MC230CR tucked inside the chassis for a lower center of gravity

All that's left is to paint the body, and get some aluminum wheel hexes that I forgot about while I was at the LHS. Can't wait to run this baby