RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC8T Diff Problem HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 AM
malice23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC8T Diff Problem HELP

I finally got around to the rear and center diffs. I took them out and cleaned them as I did the front diff and they went together very smoothly, however they had more oil in them than the front did. I was done with both diffs in less than an hour and Ive just concluded that the front diff was just damaged beyond repair. Both the front and rear have fresh oil in them and they spin smooth as silk. I told my friend the issue and he ordered a new front diff. New shims, gaskets everything new. So, now that Ive disassembled and reassembled this thing about a million times it shouldnt take too long to build and install everything lol. Well I guess that was the issue in the end. It ran dry for too long and the gears either got warped or deformed or it couldve been the diff housing or shims or a number of reasons. Bottom line though I wasnt going to spend another day on it because it drove me mad. Reminded me of when I first got into RC and had trouble with the worst vehicle in history, the t-maxx 3.3 lol. That thing broke more than it ran. So before I had a relapse I just tossed the diff and had him order a new one. Problem solved I guess.