RCU Forums - View Single Post - Banana Hobby
Thread: Banana Hobby
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
mooseflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

Well, after reading many bad reviews about BH, I decided to get one of their pitts anyways...just to see what would happen. I actually had a relatively good experience compared to many others. I got the plane in about a week and a half, which is rather slow, but i've seen worse! The plane was in pretty good shape. The horizontal stab was broke loose from the fuse, but I just fixed it with a little foam-safe CA. For added strength, I put some cables between the vertical and horizontal stabs. The problem with the tight battery fit was fixed by removing the little block of foam at the very bottom of the battery compartment. And yes, it still fits tight. Shouldn't have to worry about movement during flight. I almost broke it trying to get the battery in before figuring this out. I did contact them via phone and live chat. It required a modest amount of patience, but I got through none the less. They actually seemed quite concerned with my problems. Everything else seems to work, so far. We'll see.