RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Radio Shack Golden Arrow Thread
Old 02-19-2010, 03:40 PM
DoctorS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Radio Shack Golden Arrow Thread

When I saw the thread title, I thought to myself, oh my God! A Golden Arrow thread, no way!

This was one of my first RC cars I bought when I got back into the RC scene. Had tons of fun with it when I ran it. I even made rear tire chains for it and use to run it on the ice in the winter! Then, I got married, had a daughter and one year she expressed some interest in RC. So I set out to completely rebuild the GA and clean it up / shine up the body and I gave it to her as a present. I ordered a whole bunch of parts when I bought it and kept them for the big rebuild day. Now that she's 18 and into other things, the car has sat on my shelf for some time now. I think we only got a couple of runs on it after I rebuilt it. I have a bunch of photos I took with my old Nikon rangefinder camera, but I can grab some new digital images.

I'm pretty sure the motor in my car is the Mabuchi 540. Not sure if it's the S model. Mine is still all stock with stock electrics.

Thanks for a good thread and bringing back the memories. If anyone wants photos, let me know. I also have the manual if anyone needs information.

I wonder if Radio Shack can still order parts?

Dave
The following users liked this post:
Spudster29 (10-10-2020)