RCU Forums - View Single Post - Motor Swap
Thread: Motor Swap
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Trike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motor Swap

^ well I hooked the motor up to dc power supply and the battery pack says 9.6V so I ran the motor at 9.6V and it was producing .27A P=V*I, but then I found the spec sheet above and used the motor  closest to mine and it states it runs on 6V so i repeated the process and thats how i got my 2W. I am using a Nicco Transform truck http://www.rcmania.com/reviews/nikko...tor-car-truck/ its pretty much this thing but maybe 9 or 10 years old and its red. I left the transforming part in car because of having weight in the center but i could remove it to shave some weight. It basicly has a motor in the center with an axle and it folds the chassis in half. I figured if the current motor could propel this thing, which was almost 5lbs and is now closer to 4lbs -> 4.21lbs to be exact. Im new to the modifying of RC cars so I am not sure if the speed control is integrated or not. I would imagine and airplane would have to over come more forces the a car. Basicly I just want the thing to move, so it has to have enough torque to overcome friction and turn the pulleys, it doesnt have to go fast, but it would be cool if it did I am going to look into those motors. As far as gearing goes, could I get a motor gear that would work with the current gears I have or could i get gears elsewhere? 

thanks for all your help guys.