Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MK Wild Beat

ORIGINAL: Rendegade

140 rx with a perry on it.... I feel a little queasy. [:'(]
ORIGINAL: doxilia

David,

there appear to be two pressure taps on the engine - one beside the exhaust and one as a backplate screw replacement. Is one of them intended to attach directly to the OS carb if present?
The engine David has is/was actually a OS 140 RX-FI (Fuel Injected) version which was a little different than the normal pumped version...The threaded area in the cylinder housed a temperature sensor then the other tap is pressure...Attached is a copy of the "FI" manual...The engine looks really neat but I've read people had lots of trouble with them...I saw the RCU Marketplace ad which David got this engine from and remember the guy saying he dropped the Fuel Injection set-up and ran it much more reliably as a pumped engine (assume he was using a Perry pump but I forget for sure)...He said it was great as a pumped engine and the "FI" part was a real pain to deal with...

I want one of these engines too (the pumped version)...They are suppose to be spectacular but I don't really have an airframe to justify it...They run about 500 bucks which is just enough to keep me from buying one just cause it's Kewl... [8D]

Now a days it seems to be a great engine without a purpose...Unless your building a MK Wild 7 that is...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Vt58035.pdf (3.28 MB, 111 views)