RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another new boat LOL!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 PM
t00fatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another new boat LOL!!!

Leo looks like he has the newer composite grease cone, which does not have a zerk fitting but a simple barb fitting for a bit of 1/8th tygon. He also has the new style gas tank so I think this team pro is relatively new. Definitely take your cable out after each day you run. The cone just lets you run for a longer period of time without re-greasing. I also like to store my cables in some sort of anti corrosive oil, I use a PVC pipe filled with steering fluid (just had a bottle laying around). I'd strongly recommend you use a regular old AM radio with a failsafe over that tactic radio. I'm 99% sure the tactic radio is just a re-branded spectrum radio for tower hobbies. Even spektrum advises against using their systems in boats, except for a specific RX and TX combo(which doesn't have me or the rest of the community convinced). Only 2.4ghz anyone would recommend for boats is a FASST radio. They can be had for pretty cheap on ebay, I got my 3pm for $120 shipped and I didn't get the best deal.