RCU Forums - View Single Post - Worst tank of WWII
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 AM
pcomm1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Worst tank of WWII

Hi rivetcounter, gee I am sorry you feel that way. But of course your wrong, again.

Relative to the Sherman, even the the Axis T/Cs stated they didn't have enough tanks to put enough shells into all those pesky victorious Allied Shermans nor the force of arms to stop Patton's deadly blitzkrieg across Europe. Plus a tank that won't run isn't any use in combat.

You sound like bitter sour grapes my friend.

I quote my history source material and the facts are facts, so the content I offer is way distant from, perhaps your twisted anti-USA propaganda, pro-Axis account of WWII tanks.

And you all miss the point as usual: comparing a 2nd generation tanks tech performance (Sherman) to a 3rd generation tanks tech performance is not valid or meaningful but was typical of WWII Nat-Zee style photo propaganda during WWII (the 1st gen Grant vs a 2nd gen Panther climbing a grade photo).

Again, I submit for consideration that looking at the overall combat performance of any tank from the day it entered action to the final net result, victory or defeat, is probably a better way to judge the best and worst overall WWII tanks, and quite clearly that upsets you and hits a nerve. Sorry rivetcounter and I don't mean you any intellectual harm. Really. Plus no one is baiting anyone, we are just staying with the historical facts and restating the events as recorded by some very good military historians.

You might want to visit the Aberdeen Proving Ground or the Military Tech Foundation in California to get a handle and glimpse at the amazing number of German tanks brought to the USA during and after WWII for tech evaluation, which was my humorous point; the USA ended up with more running Nat-Zee tanks by the end of 1945 – 1946 than Germany had during that time period.

By the way the US Army put one of their favorite & well respected WWII German Army Panzer Divisions in Sherman Tanks in late 1945 and pointed them towards the East. I will leave it to you to ID the division, but that veteran division liked those Shermans! Take care.

So what is this Sherman?

PS revisionist history rivetcounter is not fact:

The facts are the "The premier striking power of the German Army at the Battle of the Bulge attack came from the concentration of new production Tiger II heavy tanks, which at the time were the most powerful in the world and able to defeat any American or British vehicle on the battlefield, though their actual achievements did not live up to their billing." Read the book "Battle of the Bulge – Then and Now" for a accurate, factual, report on how poorly the KT performed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16566.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1385805