RCU Forums - View Single Post - New: Find Rc Flying Fields with Google Maps
Old 02-24-2010, 09:53 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New: Find Rc Flying Fields with Google Maps

Yep, this might be pretty cool if apw likes my info. I know the AMA does a pretty good job on the coordinates, but a LOT of times when you go to look at where the Club is physically located someone hasn't really supplied them with the correct coordinates. Sometimes it's within the view of the screen, other times it's in another State or on another continent......... Sometimes those pesky little negative signs get put in the wrong place or just omitted completely

I really don't know what has happened to the Google Earth file but all of a sudden it's getting downloaded a LOT. I keep track of the downloads (yea, I know, kind of a geeky thing - wife mumbled something else, didn't quite catch it ). It had dropped to about an average download of around 4 to 7 times a day from a previous download about 2 years ago of around 20 to 25. Now all of a sudden it's being downloaded an average of 55 to 60 times a day by someone(s).

I figured if I ever tried to create a site like Control Chat that I would need some proof to advertisers that people actually downloaded the file. As of 2-19-2010 it's been downloaded 20,536 times and the page has been viewed 293,226 times as of right now. I've had the file up on Google since about April 28, 2006.

If anyone is reading this for the first time and wondering what the heck I'm rambling on about here is a link to an RC File in Google Earth I've created:

[link=http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=403002#Post403002]2200+ Remote Control (RC) Airplane Clubs & Runways [/link]

Great work on the site.