RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 AM
tim777jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Hi Aussie, great you are still enjoying the Falcon thread, a little slow just recently. Ref the lead weight, I would rather upgrade my elevator and rudder servos, to heavier or metal geared servos, or add the weight construvtively in strengthening the tailplane or something at the rear. There is a massive lever at the tail, so not much weight would be needed to rebalance, rather than carrying dead weight.
I did manage to get a few flights in while i was home a week or so ago. Temp was 4 degs C, and true to form my ECU throttle input failed again. Had to shut down and fit a 1.5 volt AA battery in my home made internal ECU heater, next and subsequent flights perfect. Plane flew really well and plenty of power on the cold day. Grass was really wet and muddy, didnt realize that half way down the runway, it was completely water logged and flooded. I was heavy with a full tank of smoke fluid and just a s she was getting light, hit the water. The plane disappeared in a wash of water and she slowed dramatically, I kept the power on and she crawled off the ground. No damage and the engine kept running throughout, amazing. On subsequent flights i kept to the side of the runway and didnt carry smoke fluid, she lept off every time, well pleased.
Another fellow modeler had recently built a Hawk with a large jet in stalled. He had 5 flights and decided to sell it due it being a pig to slow down and land. Our field is quite short and he was there watching the falcon fly. He couldnt believe how slow she was on landing and in general just how good it flys.
chers tim