RCU Forums - View Single Post - 15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread
Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 AM
djsdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

ORIGINAL: gasrchobbyengines

ORIGINAL: sidav

hello guys does anybodey think the 15 cc will power my hanger 9 thunderbolt 60 size or do i need the 20cc,help please its doin my head in, witch one do i buy?
The 15cc will fly it, I have one on a fourstar 60 and it does fine. But it is under powered.

The 20cc is my favorite so far for the 60 size warbirds. You have more power to play with.
gasrc,

I have over ten Warbirds I may like to covert to gas someday. I have a few to build yet one being a Hanger 9 P-40, would the 15cc be enough and would it fit inside the cowling and would it have enough cooling with only the front cut out. I had a P-40 with a Saito .82 perfectly set up and it fit, cooled and flew geat with that set up (noone said it would work). Going to the 20cc an engine with probably 1.5 times the weight and about the same power might be a problem.

I haven't mess with the gas stuff yet (I just got the 4-strokers setup down) but rather than buy anymore nitros I would love to go gas in these 60 sixe birds. I am obiousely not trying to fly 3D with them but I do like my speed!!!