RCU Forums - View Single Post - American Eagle B-24 Liberator build
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 PM
ben.roper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default American Eagle B-24 Liberator build

Last September I crashed my B-24 at Bomber Field in Monaville Texas. I hate to say this but it was because of pilot error and not because of the plane (stress of flying at an airshow). Anyway, I've started building my new B-24 and I thought it might be good to post the build. I'm not an expert builder but this will be my second time building this plane. I learned a lot from the first plane and hope to make this second plane better and lighter. For example the first B-24 came out at 40 lbs. exactly without any lead weight in the nose. I believe I can make it even lighter this next time. I also plan on adding more detail like a retractable turret, rivets, and panel lines.

I've attached a couple pictures of the first B-24 I built and I've attached a picture of what the new B-24 looks like right of the box from American Eagle.

Please have patience with me on this build. My first B-24 took almost three years to build. This second one shouldn't take as long, however, I'm still going to school for my MBA. We'll see how long this one will take.

Thanks.