RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Many Planes Do You Take To The Field?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Bonified Wingnut

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How Many Planes Do You Take To The Field?

ORIGINAL: armody

What if a person has only one plane, like me who just got his plane and still waiting on the maiden flight, as today's weather messed up, tomorrow stil not sure, whether is it gonna be windy or rainy. Bad econony ain't letting me buy more than one, I Thank GOD for getting one plane after 26 months

Taking one plane to the flying field is bad omen?
No such thing. I take whatever I can fit into the vehicle taking me. I lost my license and I actually follow the law and don't drive, so any way I can get there makes me happy. I built a trailer on a boat trailer frame that was given to me, I think I got about $700.00. into it including plates. So if I can get somebody to tow it I take everything. But if I can't, I beg for rides. I have had my dad who lives next door take me in his truck. No topper- So I put whatever heavy equipment I have in the back and squeeze a plane into the cab with me. My planes have been in just about everybody I knows vehicle. I'm 43 and it is very humbling to say the least. But I can live without driving but not flying. I am just glad I know such great people and I can get to the field.

Now a bad omen is when you get to the field and realize your batteries are dead. When you go for the charger you realize it is 7 miles away....and so is your ride. Been there.-BW