RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vortex wheels & tires
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:39 PM
cul8tr
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vortex wheels & tires

The stock body not much count, the lexan is to stiff. Not flexible and cracks easily. Tumbled a couple of times and body pieces broke off and went flying, good thing for duct tape. I'm going to try my old TRX Sledgehammer tires or maybe Slash wheels on the Vortex. The bumper I really don't like the sharp angle on them. The bumpers take all the hit and not the suspension. This is the main reason I am going to try a taller tire. The Vortex is very stable at speed even when you whip it around on the pavement. Unlike the Slash which flips easy, unless the Slash has been modified. 35wt oil in the f and 40wt in the r, might up the rear to 45 or 50. 35 in the f, I can drop the trk and it doesn't bounce. 40wt in the rear it bounces a little bit. Jumping with 35 f and 30 r had to much rebound. My bro and I hit head on by accident and shredded my body. Not before I trashed it after a couple of tumbles and crashes. Might try a Jato or Crowd Pleasure body next, but would really like something to cover the wheels.