RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weight and motor/power question
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Weight and motor/power question

110 or 2M ... cost difference is not that much ... the 110 uses a slightly less powerful motor but you need an 80A ESC so might as well go with a CC85 once and for all. I am flying mine on 10S so batts make no difference. Then comes servos etc, its about the same if you are a serious pilot. Only difference is the cost of the plane I guess. The Extreme Flight 2M Vanquish, they have an EP version too I think, is rumoured to be no more than USD700, maybe as low as USD650 too. That would be a sweet buy when it hits the market.

There are not many cheap EP 2M patternships out there. The Fliton 2M is nicely manufactured, I had my hands on one but it was overweight, that happened because the first few had somehow been built using heavier ply, it was a mistake I was informed. So if you can find one that is light then she is a nice plane but mods are needed for EP on the motor mounting department.

I went for the WindS 110 because its easy to transport still and I am just a non competitive hobbyist.