RCU Forums - View Single Post - Team Canada wins GOLD!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Tjettzky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Team Canada wins GOLD!

ORIGINAL: MJD
He smartly whistled a wrist shot past Hiller in the shooutout to move the team on
I don't like that rule for the Olympic Shootout. The one about letting the same guy go over and over and over. It's more fun when the stars can't score and you're dipping into the 3rd line guys and 2nd line defensemen for the shootout. That adds Drama, not Crosby or Ovechkin getting 5 cracks at it.

I'm not a Cindy hater, I understand that he's an immense talent and a pretty good leader, but down here in the states we're just a little sick of him being jammed down our throats. All last year Versus and NBC showed Pittsburg and Crosby highlights, as though they forgot that Detroit won the Stanley Cup and players like Ryan Miller, Lecavalier, Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Selanne exist. Kane and Toewes in Chicago (sucks) are fantastic talents and have countless highlight film goals that would make for great commercials/promos, but they are ignored. Of the 4 NBC "Games of the Week" leading up to the Olympics, 3 of them had Cindy and the Pens. So perhaps we think we hate Crosby, but it's more that we're just tired of seeing him ALL THE TIME. As a Red Wing fan I'll not bring up the blatant Officiating bias during the last Stanley Cup Finals and the lack of Suspensions handed out to certain Penguin players after Game 2, and how giddy Gary Buttman looked when the Pens "won" The Cup...

Oh, yeah, Fantastic Tournament with an excellent game to finish it off. I am sad we couldn't pull it off, but I'm glad that my boy-hood hero Steve Yzerman won't get tarred and feathered... I also appreciate the officials letting the teams play the Gold Medal Game. I doubt the Bronze Medal game went 5-on-5 for more than a minute straight...