RCU Forums - View Single Post - Team Canada wins GOLD!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Team Canada wins GOLD!

ORIGINAL: LDM

Nice to talk hockey with you , I often tell the boys I coach , the reason why the Caps wont win a cup is Ovetchen is a great player , Crosby is a great team player .
I respect his ability to see the ice and make the play , I often compare the two and watch the weekly highlights , so many goal that O scores were two on ones and the pass option was there . I still think he is greatest individual player since 99 but that is another story .
I watched Towes in ND , my friends are ice hockeu alumni from MN , so you can imagine the fun competition .

I know Sid is a great person , no doubt , but to be honest most hockey players are , I have had the pleasure of never meeting anyone of them that was not first class .
Even the crazys from the 70ties like Schultz were fun off ice , still crazy but fun .

I know he is also differant , all I am saying look at the hard core player and what they give to play , Look at Lindros , and the amount of concussion he took , look at Jereny Roanik , broker his jaw , again look up the story of Ryan Walters a great Candian and great person , his Stanley cup story is incredible .

Look at the great one , giving up money when he went to LA so that they could keep better players and stay under the cap , never been done and never will happen again

I think our Junior Programs will be strong , the numbers of players coming up are very high and USA hockey is determined to increase the numbers in the Pros

I agree with you on Ovie as well... he shoots more than anyone in the NHL no wonder he's always near the top in goals..... however i do believe that he is already evolving as a player and he wants to win so bad he'll change what he has to in order to get the cup. As for Lindros.... well i don't hold him in very high regard at all... always a me first player, wouldn't play for the Nordiques (yes i know his dad was part of that) then all the crap he stirred up in Philly with other players wives... In my opinion his best days were when he was in junior and not drawing a big paycheck!! JR on the other hand is a riot!! never know what he's going to say!! I did look up the Ryan Walters story.... very compelling!!