RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger 2 First Flight Squaks
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tiger 2 First Flight Squaks

Got my Tiger 2 done and got in three flights on a very windy and gusty day. So gusty the airplane would weather-vane into the wind when taxiing downwind or crosswind. Once in the air, the airplane flew beautifully even though the winds were strong. Put an OS .35AX on it and love that new slanted needle valve arrangement. Perfect power for this airplane.

So here is the only flight squak:

Main gear are too far forward so the plane does not sit on the nose gear without fuel in the tank. Difficult to taxi in strong winds.

That's it! Superb flying airplane and I can see it will be a lot of fun. The kit itself was missing the wingtip balsa so I built up my own. Put in a lot of lightening holes in the dense balsa provided in some areas, and the wing is really over-built with those large square basswood spars AND sheer webs. I just got back into the hobby after a long absence and the Tiger 2 is going to see a lot of touch-and-go's and aerobatics. I think the Tiger 2 might be the best wind flyer I've ever had except for a very heavy Stephens Acro design I flew once.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91986.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	1390876