RCU Forums - View Single Post - Andy, my new 450 flew apart
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 PM
hank01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andy, my new 450 flew apart

Blades are balanced and aligned, servos are trimmed, radio is programmed and it's time for the maiden flight. Switched on the radio, switched on the power to the Rx. A few beeps and the throttle is slowly raised. Just as it starts to lift off the feathering shaft goes into self destruct mode flinging the main rotor blades in different directions. One struck a nearby tree and shattered. The other ended up in the dog kennel some 15 feet away. Needless to say the rotor head has many damaged and broken parts, some parts could not be found. This could have been a tragic event but luckily no one was injured- or worse. It's disturbing to think of what could have happened.

I am trying hard to keep emotional comments out of this post but I have to say that this EXI 450 is a piece of crap! It looked good coming out of the box and the looks fooled me. That doesn't happen very often. What to do now? This has totally destroyed my already weakened confidence in xheli.com. Andy, I want to know what you are going to do about this. I paid good money for this POS and I'm pissed.

Hank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66224.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	1391114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69636.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	1391115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78833.jpg
Views:	21