RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Planes Hero 100 Version 2
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 11:52 AM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes Hero 100 Version 2

I am currently building a ver1 (original version) hero100 and have received a new ver2(version 2) for a backup last week. I will list the major differences between ver1 and ver2 I have seen so far for those interested.

Ver2 has 3 plastic wheel covers and ver1 has 3 fiberglass wheel covers.

Ver1 has no retract openings in the fuse bottom so you can cut out as you please. Ver2 has a large horizontal wheel opening in the fuse bottom wich you will have to cover up if using conventional retracting nose gear.

Ver1 has a completely finished easily removable fiberglass canopy with internal wood framework and ver2 has a plastic canopy with no internal framework. The ver2 fuse has a recess lip built into the fuse
around the canopy area for the canopy material to overhang and attach with screws I guess. This lip can be seen on Gregs photos. If you want an easily removable canopy for battery access for ver2, you will have
to build your own internal framework and latch assembly.

The blue paint on the ver2 fuse at the vertical fin attach area is a brighter blue color and does not match the blue fin covering material. The colors match on ver1.

Ver2 has some panel lines built into the fuse and nacell glass that the ver1 does not have

These are the major differences I have seen with a quick look as I am back to finishing the build of my ver1 plane.