RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP WITH ST. CROIX/CRESSLINE LONG EZ KIT
Old 03-07-2010, 09:48 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP WITH ST. CROIX/CRESSLINE LONG EZ KIT

ORIGINAL: SPLIT S

Glass that light makes a nice base for paint and certainly helps with hangar rash but the structural side is minimal. Covering it will be fine. Maybe after you have the 3 cores joined you could cut a slot and imbed a spar for peace of mind.

Nice find on the kit. Does anyone produce an EZ currently?

Dan
I've been looking off and on for several years. The only choices were BARFs, sorry, ARFs and I think I have seen a few smaller electric versions more in the toy sizes. I have not seen a 60"-65" span model kit currently available. One thing with this particular kit is the motor/tank placement. The tank needs to be mounted 2" to 3" below the level of the carb. It is in the plans that way. I just think that will present running issues unless a pumped motor was used. I have mostly gotten out of electric planes over the last four years. In fact, I only have two LiPos left for a sailplane I occassionally fly. But I believe if I build this plane I will go electric. Pusher prop cowled engine cooling and tank placement problems would be eliminated. It is still early, though, in the planning stages of a build.