RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM T-33 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 02:53 PM
f6hlct
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BVM T-33 Build

Well the flap install problem appears to be that the aileron / flap hinge line was miss cut at the factory. You can even see in one of the photos, that the hinge lines are not even parallel. To salvage this, I ignored the fuselage panel lines and the wing hinge line, using the carbon fiber flap bottom as a template and made a new flap hinge line into the wing and fuselage stub where everything seemed to fit. The final spot, move the hinge line up about 1/8”, but the trailing edge and radius on the fuselage looks good now. My happiness was short lived though, as there were a number of parts missing from the flap assembly bag. The assembly bags are well packed and sealed, but when all the parts are not in the bag, the seal doesn’t help much. With this minor setback, I decided to proceed with the aileron install while I was waiting for BVM to send the missing parts, but low and behold the aileron assembly package was missing as well. They say when you first get the kit, to check that you received everything, but they do not give you a check list of what is in the box. That would seem to be a simple improvement to the kit. Unfortunately, you won’t know that anything is missing until you get to that page in the book. I guess mine was made on the Friday of a long weekend.

In order to keep on working I am going to move on to the stab and rudder assembly, and hopefully have better success.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ec87389.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1392839