RCU Forums - View Single Post - One way bearing or just the pull start itself???
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 AM
SCs5thGen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One way bearing or just the pull start itself???

My pull start broke a couple weeks ago and I recoiled it and it works. The coil spring had actuallybroke so it is a little shorter now (or should I say, less coil now) My question is since I have fixed it, when trying to pull start it,about half the time itwill only turn the piston one time. Just one pop from the exhaust :/ It will do this about 3 or 4pulls then it will act right for a couple pulls then back to 1 pop then normal and back and forth, etc....It will do this until it finally starts.

At first when I recoiled the spring, I had it coiled too tight and it would turn the engine over but the coil would bind up and I had only about half travel with the pull string. When I recoiled it again, to let out the spring a bit, that is when this started butI now have full pull string travel. I am leaning towards the pull start.

I am supposed to be getting a new pull start sent to me and I will post if that fixes the problem. Ijust wanted to get y'alls opinion/experience as to what this might be...