RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problem with RC-56
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 AM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with RC-56

I've been using RC-56 since it was first introduced and haven't used anything else on a canopy since. It's always worked great. Until now.

When I finished my last project, a Dirty Birdy, I used RC-56 to glue the canopy as I always do, it was a brand new bottle by the way. It dried clear and strong. About 5 days later I finally got a chance to fly the plane and after 2 flights the glue was milky white and runny. I could slide the canopy around and could have just pulled it off the plane if I tried.

Two weeks passed before I got to fly it again and the same thing happened. A few flights and the glue turned white and liquid. What the heck is this?

I'm running Cool Power 10%, the same fuel I always run. I run it in my other planes and the RC-56 on those have no problems. But on this plane the glue softens every time I fly it. The canopy on the Dirty Birdy is right behind the engine but the exhaust doesn't blow on the canopy, there's no appreciable oil on the canopy after flying and my previous DB (with RC-56) with the same engine running on the same fuel didn't have this problem.

All I can figure is I got a bad bottle and I should pull the canopy off, buy a new bottle and try again.

Has anybody else ever seen this?

Dave