RCU Forums - View Single Post - My own NiMh battery observations....
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:28 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My own NiMh battery observations....

Thanks for the tips guys... I did think about the fact that my charger could be timing out. Next time I charge I am going to be sure and check that out before unhooking the battery. I have been charging on 3 amps, so its possible it could have timed out, and I didnt pay attention to that.

I usually stop running when i see a noticeable difference in performance since I have heard its best to not really drain the packs. Or at leas that is what I thought? Is that correct?

I actually just bought another Stampede tonight. Its a nice XL-5 roller with a body that is a little beat up, but I am going to put my electrifly S-600 in it, and my Fiance will have it to run.

Then, I am going to take my E-Savage ESC, and 1 of the GT550 motors and run that setup with 2 batteries in my other stampede for me to run. I think I will probably sell my MGT, but we'll see. I think a stampede on 14.4v will be a lot more fun to bash than the big MGT that is slower and wont run half as long on the same batteries. The stampede with 2 batteries on 14.4v should run for 30-40 minutes with gobs of power, so im pretty excited to try it out. [8D]

The only thing I really do with the MGT that could possibly slow down the stampede is hill climbing. And I think the stampede will be as good at that as long as the surface is somewhat smooth, its just the rougher dirt with clods Im afraid it may not do as well on, but hill climbing will probably only be 20% of our running, and my Savage is real good at that if I need to bring it out

Eric