RCU Forums - View Single Post - what to do about my slipper clutch?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 03:26 PM
cat samich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what to do about my slipper clutch?

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

ORIGINAL: cat samich

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

If you drive it right the slipper clutch isn't needed. I run a locked slipper in my Rustler VXL and have stripped a spur gear once. And that spur gear was about 3 years old. Proper gear mesh and smooth throttle control are all you need.

throw a mmm 2200 on 6s at your rusty and come talk to me about not stripping gears you dont understand the differance in power from a vxl to a mamba monster
Well first, I wouldn't do that.
Second, Yes I do understand the difference in power between a MMM and a VXL. I've driven both, it's insane. You don't know me, so don't try to tell me what I do and don't know.

3rd, I'll say it again. Proper throttle control, and gear mesh is all that's needed to prevent stripped gears. You can still strip a spur gear even with a slipper clutch if you try.

"proper throttle controll" and "driving it right " dont help with my stock slipper getting so hot that the spur gears center melts out of it. i need either no slipper at all or something that can handle much higher temps and abuse. if you had driven the mmm long enough you would realize that it will chew up almost the entire drive line of an emaxx. iv actually twisted the output connections where the drive yokes attach to a spool in my rear end to the point where the plastic drive yokes exploded. not a diff a metal spool.

i dont have to know you to tell you that unless you own a mmm2200 and have spent months running it and fixxing all it breaks that you dont understand what its capable off. if you do own one and havnt had it long you will with time figure out what im talking about. these motors on 6s with the right gearing have been shown to pull anywhere from 5000 to 6000 watts, thats equal to around 5 to 6 horsepower. castle even says it on there website. calling it insane isnt even doing it justice. with my stock slipper tightened all the way down it still spins the slipper. there is no locking it down, its that powerfull. so until you know more about the mmm please do a little more research before you tell me to "drive it right" or "properly control" my throttle. im not trying to be a jerk, i just feel you dont have enough experiance with the mamba monster to understand my situation.

on another note i looked into the robinson slipper and it turns out it doesnt fit the 3905, well atleast from the looks of there website it doesnt. anyone on here have the ability to make up an eliminator for me? i just dont have access to a lathe right now.