RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
MsgtRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

[quote]ORIGINAL: tsyssa

There are only a few things that you should have to do with your engine. Set the needles for your air density is one. Fly it is the second.
[/quote

The timing is factory set. It looks maxed but it it still has a very small amount of adjustment left. I'm surprised how little adjustment is left.

Of course I used a tachometer...
The spinner is broken and won't be replaced.
The RPM sagged and quickly came back as if lean, but the needle was set to max RPM and richened 1/4 turn as directed. it 's done.

I'll start over on the adjustment process next time Im flying.

If anyone has any doubts on the quality of the carbon fiber spinners, have a look inside the cone, the lay-up process is visible. The Syssa spinner is very sloppy when compared against the MUCH more expensive Graphtech. I'm not a sales man for either, just owned both and one is still flying.

The Graphtech spinner cone screws into the shaft of the crank, not the back of the spinner nut. As mentioned, the DLE 55 is drilled and 4 bolted so it cant throw the prop. The Syssa uses the dave brown nut.

How does sticky paper back act when it get's hot? I think it will get soft and actually lube the surfaces in a sense. Not something I'm interested in testing but aI'd love to here how it turns out! Might create some balance challenges, too.

Thanks for the compliments on the install..no cowl means I best secure everything
The weather was a little cooler in the beginning and warmed slightly throughout the day. Maybe it was just that simple. I ran through the set up procedures three times and had 5 flights. I was getting four stroking at around 4500-5500 (A rich condition) and a few dead sticks.
I'll get it dialed