RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Bike Racing in Nor Cal
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 02:48 PM
stubbyphilips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Bike Racing in Nor Cal

Well we had a blast yesterday.
Perfect weather, perfect surface. Awesome day of Dots.

We didn't meet at our usual spot but an older spot that has a much better surface. Super good traction and no unwanted cracks or bumps, a really good surface. Took a while to get it cleaned up, a lot of little stones. But we do have a leaf blower and that helps a lot.

We ran for about four hours or about 7 battery packs. Patrick was running PMT 100s and he had excellent grip all day. Need to get me some of them 100s.

At one point I was sitting under the canopy watching Patrick and Stuart running and thinking to myself this is awesome. Too bad we don't have some more fellas to run with.

Poor Stuart was battling that Brazilian Butterfly most of the day. The dude is hardcore though, trying to keep up with Patrick and I on the V3s with a lot more wheel time, while he is driving an old highly modified TT Ducati that he has had for about 8 months. It is still his first bike. But he goes for it. Sometimes he gets it just right, other times it ends quite spectacularly. You know end over end over end over end.....

Any ways we need more guys, more bikes and more help setting up the track!
Our next meeting is likely to be March 27 2010 at the old Mazda Dealership in Vallejo.
Everyone is welcome, Any bike, any scale. The more the merrier.

Stubbs