RCU Forums - View Single Post - -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
JatoSan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

ORIGINAL: spartacuslv

I keep seeing every one using the dish style wheels and it says they are able to be dyed. Has anyone ever done this and did it work well. I would like a set of black ones.

Also I was looking on the Traxxas site and in there some where is a break down for how to build the ultimate Jato basher. Have any of you seen this and what do you think of his set up. I really like the way that truck looks and the stance is awesome. Any advice on if it is worth it to try to get mine to look like that.

Dish wheels are easy to dye all you have to do is get someRitDye fabric dye(Target or Wal Mart will have these)and follow instructions. All you do is throw wheelsin large pot and pour in solution andlet the color "cook"into them. The longer you leavethemin the waterthe darker thecolor. Check out mywheels. As faras the UltimateOff RoadJato build on the Traxxas site,there is some good info there.Bearin mind thatthis is basically an advertisement to get you to buy more Traxxasstuff but theinfo on shocks and setups is especially useful. One thing that is not on this build thatIhighly recommendare RPMarms and front bumper. I based some of the stuff on my Jato on the info from thisbuild.I recommend you start with the wheels asthis will give you the biggestbenefit for off road purposes. I would then work my way up into shock setup and other stuff. I like the Pro-Line Moabs which give me good ground clearance.